St. Louis Planned Parenthood Botches Third Abortion in Weeks

State   |   Steven Ertelt   |   Dec 28, 2012   |   12:49PM   |   St. Louis, MO

The Planned Parenthood abortion business in St. Louis has apparently botched its third abortion in recent weeks, as it was documented sending another woman to a local hospital the day after Christmas.

For the third time since Thanksgiving, the Planned Parenthood abortion clinic transported a woman to the hospital for emergency care, making it one of the most dangerous abortion clinics in the nation, according to officials with Operation Rescue, who informed LifeNews of the incident.

As the pro-life group indicated, on December 26, at approximately 9:30 a.m., an ambulance was photographed by local activists loading a Planned Parenthood patient into an ambulance. The ambulance was accompanied by two police cruisers.

Mary Maschmeier of Defenders of the Unborn, a local pro-life group that emailed both LifeNews and Operation Rescue about what happened, said “Her face was covered and we don’t know her condition. How sad it is to see this scene but especially the day after we celebrate the birth of Our Lord.”

Other medical emergencies took place at this Planned Parenthood abortion clinic on November 21 and December 1, according to Maschmeier. A fourth incident took place there on February 14, 2011, Operation Rescue noted.

Maschmeier talked about the other two cases in her email to LifeNews:

On Nov. 21, 2012, a woman was taken to an area hospital after complications from her abortion.  Defenders of the Unborn suspects that the same abortionist is responsible for both.  We have spoken to the brother of the first injured woman and he said she was doing okay.  We will be contacting him again to see if she is in need of any help.

On Saturday Dec. 1, 2012, Planned Parenthood of St. Louis Region transported another victim to an area hospital.  She was taken around 10:30 a.m.  Sidewalk counselor John reported to Defenders of the Unborn that he witnessed an ambulance take a women from the abortion mill and transport her. Of course her face was covered with a sheet.  The condition of the victim is not known at this time.

How can this be good medical care for women?  Not only does the child die but now Planned Parenthood has sent three women to an area hospital from complications during their abortion.  We must take action to bring this to an end, the senseless killing of our children and the harming of the mother.

The pro-life group says it has tried to follow up on the medical conditions of the women involved and the details of what happened during the failed abortion but it has been repeatedly denied access to 911 call records by St. Louis authorities, which could shed light on the rash of emergencies at Planned Parenthood. Such records are generally considered public documents.



“Planned Parenthood currently conducts their business under a shroud of secrecy provided by city agencies. That shroud is endangering the lives and health of women by denying the public critical information about abortion abuses,” said Troy Newman, President of Operation Rescue and Pro-Life Nation. “We have not yet confirmed if the same abortionist was involved in injuring all these women, but something is very wrong at the St. Louis Planned Parenthood and someone needs to get to the bottom of this before more women are injured or killed,”

Newman said his group plans to seek investigations into this abortion clinic as soon as possible.