At the end of this record-breaking 40 Days for Life campaign, we praise God for 608 babies saved from abortion— that we know of! Many campaigns are still compiling their reports, so that number will likely keep growing.
While it’s important to take a deep breath and recharge our batteries after 40 days of prayer and hard work, if you’re in the United States, there’s something vitally important you still MUST do.
Tuesday, November 6 is election day. Voting is not only a civil responsibility but also a part of our Christian witness. Christ calls us to proclaim the gospel … and that call extends to our witness in the voting booth.
It is NOT an accident that record numbers of people have been praying and fasting for the cause of life in the lead-up to our most important election in decades.
Make a commitment today to:
- PRAY … for our country, the candidates, your fellow voters — since everything depends on God — and vote as if everything depends on you. Let’s especially storm heaven today with the prayer Jesus taught us:
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.
- DISCERN … which candidates will most respect the fundamental right to life of all persons, and vote accordingly. While there may not be a “perfect” candidate on the ballot, those who choose not to vote are passing up a critical opportunity to speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves — innocent children in the womb.
- VOTE … and encourage every other pro-life person you know to join you in voting for life.
This is a crucial election that will determine the fate of millions of pre-born children … as well as the environment we will be conducing our pro-life work in during the next four years.
If for any reason you’re unable to make it to the polls tomorrow, there may still be time to cast an early vote or an absentee ballot TODAY!
Let’s pull out all the stops NOW to ensure that we don’t wake up Wednesday morning wishing we had done more.
CLICK LIKE IF YOU’RE PRO-LIFE!
This 40 Days for Life campaign has continued to build a foundation for ending abortion in America — and around the world:
- Record numbers of people are joining the pro-life ranks — including many young people.
- Business is down at many abortion facilities.
- Workers continue to quit the abortion industry.
- And lives continue to be saved … thanks to YOU! Your prayers and participation make a difference.
Now … we MUST continue pressing forward — with relentless energy!
On that note, I ask you to mark your calendar for the evening of next MONDAY, NOVEMBER 12. Save that date.
We’ll have more good news about the campaign that just ended — and more GREAT news about what’s coming next!
LifeNews.com Note: Shawn Carney is the campaign director for the 40 Days for Life pro-life prayer campaign against abortion.