Liz and Gabi and I respond to a listener mail question: how much do pro-life advocates need to know about fetal development to be adequately prepared to have good conversations with lots of pro-choice people?
Ultimately, the team offers two separate lists: the minimal things you NEED to know and the things that will make you an even better advocate.
The team close the show by summarizing the best arguments for the humanity of the unborn and the idea that human beings are valuable in the first place.
- Listen to our interview with Trent Horn on whether the unborn are organisms.
- Read my’s article about the pro-life short film that implied a lot of inaccurate things about fetal development
- The embryo’s developing heart begins to beat at 22 days. Source:EHD.org
- Josh said that he calls “viability” at about 23 weeks right now. (He doesn’t mean LMP, he means gestational age.) According to the March of Dimes, a 25-week baby has a 50% chance of survival, and one week later has an 80% chance of survival.
- Visit EHD.org for some of the best sourced information on fetal development, as well as some of the best embryoscopy videos that National Geographic now uses.
LifeNews.com Note: Josh Brahm is the educational director for Right to Life of Central California and the host of Life Report, also a LifeNews pro-life video feature. Find more episodes of Life Report at ProLifePodcast.net.