On Friday, tens of thousands of Americans will participate in the second round of the Stand Up For Religious Freedom rallies that will take place across the United States. The first round of rallies saw more than 60,000 people join rallies at dozens of locations nationwide to express their opposition to the HHS mandate the Obama administration put in place that requires religious groups to pay for birth control and abortion-causing drugs for their employees.
To get encouragement and more information about the rallies, Josh Brahm of Life Report, which will now be seen regularly on LifeNews, sat down and talked with Eric Scheidler, Executive Director of Pro-Life Action League and Matt Yonke, PLAL Communications Director. They discussed the HHS mandate and what pro-lifers can do to stand up for religious freedom via public rallies on June 8th.
- What is the HHS mandate?
- Why should Christians be concerned about it?
- Is this issue about religious liberty or contraception access?
- Exactly how does the HHS Mandate violate the First Amendment?
- What’s being done to fight the HHS Mandate, and where does public protest fit in?
- What were the results of the Stand Up For Religious Freedom Rally on March 23rd?
- Why hold another Stand Up Rally on June 8th?
- What is the next step if the Supreme Court rules against us on “Obamacare?”