Every year, people make New Year’s resolutions for things – like quitting smoking, losing weight, exercising more, eating right…and so on. While I certainly support all of these types of resolutions (even if they are not kept), I wanted to challenge everyone to some resolutions that can help end the abortion holocaust.
I know many of you who are reading this are already sacrificing so much for the cause of the babies; you already go above and beyond what most others do. But this year is different. This is the beginning of the 40th year of legalized abortion in America, and I believe we need to raise the bar.
A few weeks ago, I wrote a commentary about this beginning of the 40th year of abortion in America. It can be read here if you have not read it yet.
Top Ten – I know there are many more ideas; I just wanted to give you’re a kick-start on being more active this year.
10. VOTE! This being an election year, we can do so much by voting and encouraging everyone we know to vote pro-life. Check out www.bemyvote.com to see how you can help be the change that saves lives.
9. Pro-life Social Networking is a great way to spread pro-life facts and information to millions of people. Stand True and Priests for Life are constantly posting great pro-life information that you can copy and paste onto your Facebook, blog, or social networking site. Please visit and “Like” the Priests for Life, and Stand True Facebook fan pages to get the latest news and updates you can help spread.
8. Organize a diaper drive for your local Pregnancy Resource Center. Contact your local CPC to see if anyone is already doing a drive you can join in on, and if not, volunteer to do one yourself. E-mail [email protected] for more information on how to run a diaper drive.
7. Educate yourself on all aspects of the pro-life movement. One important thing you can do is sign up for e-mail updates from your favorite pro-life organizations on most of their websites. Each organization has different information, so it pays to sign up for a few and just read what you can. There are also great educational resources online at priestsforlife.org, standtrue.com, hh76.com, and abort73.com.
6. Wear pro-life t-shirts and clothing. You can reach thousands of people a day wearing a pro-life t-shirt. My favorite place to wear mine is the airport; I think I get maximum visibility there. School is also a great place to wear a pro-life t-shirt – if your school gives you trouble, you can always contact the Alliance Defense Fund at 1-800-tell-adf. You can order great pro-life t-shirts at Pro-life World: www.prolifeworld.com
5. Donate regularly to a pro-life organization of your choice; these organizations operate solely from generous donations from people like you. There are many great organizations that I can list that deserve your support, but seeming as I work for Priests for Life and Stand True I will suggest these two. Simply go to priestsforlife.org or standtrue.org and make an online donation, or find out how to get on their mailing lists.
4. Volunteer at your local Pregnancy Resource Center or Home for Unwed Mothers. These ministries always need help – whether it is answering phones, cleaning, yard work, or other duties. Look up Abortion Alternatives in the phone book.
3. Distribute pro-life literature wherever you go. It is important that we are always prepared to present a knowledgeable and strong pro-life message at any time. I suggest visiting sites like priestsforlife.org and hh76.org, and ordering pro-life literature to keep with you at all times.
2. Sidewalk counseling is one of the most effective ways of outreach in saving unborn children. Being in front of the abortion clinic and standing in the gap for the children is vital, and has proven to save countless lives. If you would like more information about effective and compassionate sidewalk counseling, please contact Elizabeth McClung at austincoalitionforlife.com
1. Prayer is our most powerful weapon and something we can do every day. I recommend putting something next to your bed or on your dresser that will remind you to pray daily; a fetal model or baby toy are great reminders.
BONUS IDEA – Can you start 2012 with a special Kick Off donation to Stand True? We are working hard to make this year our most active ever. This is the beginning of the 40th year; that means one full generation has now survived the abortion holocaust. Please help us to make sure that we do not let this holocaust continue for another generation.
LifeNews.com Note: Bryan Kemper is the president of Stand True Ministries, a pro-life group that reaches out to youth and young adults. He is the author of a new book, Social Justice Begins In The Womb.