California Planned Parenthood Allegedly Injures Women in Botched Abortions
by Steven Ertelt
September 30, 2009
Orange, CA (LifeNews.com) — Local pro-life advocates in southern California say that a Planned Parenthood abortion business there may have injured women on two separate occasions in botched abortions. They have photographed ambulances taking women from the abortion facility twice in the last month.
On September 16, 2009, pro-life observed and photographed an ambulance responding to a medical emergency at a Planned Parenthood abortion center at 700 Tustin Dr. in Orange, California.
Ten days later, a different group of pro-life supporters observed and photographed another emergency transport by ambulance from the same abortion facility.
Operation Rescue president Troy Newman informed LifeNews.com of the incidents.
"Two ambulances in ten days shows that there is something terribly wrong going on inside that abortion clinic," he said. "Abortion clinics only call ambulances when there are very serious medical emergencies. When ambulances start showing up with this kind of frequency, it is time for the authorities to start investigating. This clinic is not safe and women should be warned."
During both incidents, pro-life advocates said security staff for Planned Parenthood left the building and took their pictures in order to intimidate them and make them second guess their taking pictures of the ambulance.
According to OR, during the September 16 incident an ambulance and fire truck arrived at the Planned Parenthood office at approximately 11:00 a.m. — when loaded a woman on a gurney into the ambulance and sped away.
Ten days later, another ambulance arrived at approximately 11:10 a.m. and left ten minutes later taking an apparent botched abortion victim to a nearby hospital.
During the first incident, local pro-life advocates noticed abortion practitioner David M. Speiser arriving at the Planned Parenthood abortion clinic in his Lexis automobile with both the front and back license plates covered with paper.
OR told LifeNews.com that local pro-life advocates suspect abortion practitioners Merle Robboy and Jonathan Dunn may have been involved in the second abortion problem.
"It is our opinion that abortionists Speiser, Robboy, and Dunn each should be investigated for potentially illegal practices and violations of the standard of care," said Newman.
"These women could have died for all we know. We’ve seen it happen before. Someone in authority should care enough about them to look into this. We will be working with local pro-life activists to investigate further and will report any wrong-doing we discover to the appropriate authorities," he said.
Sign Up for Free Pro-Life News From LifeNews.com
Daily Pro-Life News Report Twice-Weekly Pro-Life
News Report Receive a free daily email report from LifeNews.com with the latest pro-life news stories on abortion, euthanasia and stem cell research. Sign up here. Receive a free twice-weekly email report with the latest pro-life news headlines on abortion, euthanasia and stem cell research. Sign up here.