Pro-Life Groups Plan Funeral for Babies Killed in Abortions at Dumpster Clinic

State   |   Steven Ertelt   |   May 1, 2008   |   9:00AM   |   WASHINGTON, DC

Pro-Life Groups Plan Funeral for Babies Killed in Abortions at Dumpster Clinic

Email this article
Printer friendly page

RSS Newsfeed

by Steven Ertelt
LifeNews.com Editor
May 1
, 2008

Lathrup Village, MI (LifeNews.com) — Pro-life groups are planning a funeral for the babies who were victims of abortion at a Michigan abortion center and then thrown in the dumpster. The incident caused a national controversy when the Womancare abortion business received only a slap on the wrist for violating illegal dumping laws.

Monica Miller of the Citizens for a Pro-Life Society found the patient records, medical waste and bodies of unborn children in the dumpster.

Albert Hodari, who runs the abortion center, didn’t receive a fine from the state, but local officials continue to investigate the matter.

Miller’s group told LifeNews.com on Thursday that it plans a solemn Requiem Mass with Bishop John Quinn, the Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of Detroit, on Saturday morning.

A private burial of the aborted babies at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery in Southfield, Michigan will follow the Mass.

The burial has the support of Fr. Frank Pavone, the national director of Priests for Life, who is calling on all of the nation’s Catholic priests today to offer a Mass within the next few days for the "Hodari babies."

"This is not the first time that my friend Monica Miller has organized such a work of mercy for discarded children like this," Pavone told LifeNews.com. "Her work spans the last couple of decades, and it has been my honor to participate with her in similar funeral services in the past."

"This Saturday’s service is no ordinary funeral," Pavone added.

"There are still too many of our fellow citizens who don’t even acknowledge that the people who will be buried this Saturday are people at all," he explained. "To mourn their deaths publicly, therefore, is not just to honor them, but to sound a wake-up call to our nation that we are living amidst the biggest holocaust of all time."

"That is why I call upon my brother priests nationwide to bring to the attention of their congregations this weekend that children are being buried who were brutally, legally killed, and that the killing has to end," Pavone added.

While Hodari wasn’t fined for the illegal dumping, the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality sent the Womancare abortion business a letter of reprimand.

Then it charged Miller $1,100 for having to retrieve the evidence from her property.

"Hodari doesn’t get fined a single cent," Miller told LifeNews.com previously. "However, I am being charged $1,100.00 (per the state’s insistence) for keeping evidence on my property from Hodari’s dumpster."

"That’s evidence that we collected so that the DEQ could do an investigation and file charges against Hodari," Miller added. "The state had the bill charged to me for the removal of the evidence from my property! Something doesn’t seem right here."

Miller also complained about what she called a slap on the wrist from MEQ.

"Hodari just received hardly even a slap on the hand for his outrageous and repeated dumping of bio-hazardous waste, including the remains of aborted babies, into the trash dumpsters of his Woman Care clinics in Michigan," Miler said.

Citizens for a Pro-Life Society is asking Michigan residents to contact the agency and ask them to do more to discipline Hodari.

Miller said her group is waiting to see what happens with the Oakland County District Attorney’s office and the charges for the improper dumping of patient records.

She hopes local officials will do more to prosecute the illegal dumping.