Connecticut Abortion Center Employee to be Sentenced for Sexually Abusing Teens

State   |   Steven Ertelt   |   Aug 27, 2007   |   9:00AM   |   WASHINGTON, DC

Connecticut Abortion Center Employee to be Sentenced for Sexually Abusing Teens

Email this article
Printer friendly page

by Steven Ertelt Editor
August 27,

Bridgeport, CT ( — The employee of an abortion facility in Connecticut will be sentenced this week after he pleaded guilty in a case involving the sexual abuse of three teenage girls. Former modeling agency owner Michael Britt, who worked as a janitor at the abortion center, is the subject of another case involving sexual abuse and abortion.

Britt will be sentenced Thursday for sexually assaulting three teenagers from Norwalk who went to his modeling agency.

He plead guilty in May before Superior Court Judge Richard Comerford to reduced charges — one count of second degree sexual assault.

Comerford said Tuesday he would consider sending Britt to prison for three years.

Britt, a 43 year-old and the owner of Model World Enterprises had been charged on multiple counts but Senior Asst. State’s Attorney Cornelius Kelly told the judge the teens were reluctant to testify against him.

He sexually abused the teens, aged 18, 17 and 14, in March and April 2005 after they signed papers to be models. He lured them by telling them that they couldn’t become models unless that had intercourse with him.

He took the 14 year-old to the Summit Women’s Center abortion facility, where he worked and which was located in the same building as his agency. The 17 year-old indicated he took her to the abortion center as well.

The 14 year-old appeared to be pregnant prior to meeting Britt and an AP report indicates he applied a cream on the body of the 14 year-old at the abortion center, which was closed at the time, saying it would cause an abortion.

Summit officials did not respond to a request from to comment for this story.

The Britt case follows just weeks after another abortion-sexual abuse case in Connecticut prompted observers to wonder why abortion facilities are not contacting authorities about the actions. state2285.html

Kevon Walker, 22, was charged in May with getting his then 14 year-old girlfriend pregnant. He got the unnamed girl pregnant three times in six months and the girl wound up having three abortions as a result.

However, abortion businesses failed to report the statutory rape to authorities and officials only began investigating Walker’s actions when the victim’s mother contacted them.