Abortion Business Owner in Miami Charged With Unlicensed Abortions

State   |   Steven Ertelt   |   Apr 9, 2007   |   9:00AM   |   WASHINGTON, DC

Abortion Business Owner in Miami Charged With Unlicensed Abortions Email this article
Printer friendly page

by Steven Ertelt
LifeNews.com Editor
April 9
, 2007

Miami, FL (LifeNews.com) — A woman who is part of a large investigation of abortion businesses in southern Florida was arrested late last month and will be arraigned in two weeks. Siomara Senises, who owned abortion businesses in Miami and Hialeah, was charged with multiple violations after a two-year investigation by health officials.

Senises is accused of not having a licensed physician on staff and allowing a doctor whose license was revoked to do abortions.

She is also accused of assisting in abortions herself, although she has no medical license, and allowing a secretary to hand out prescription drugs.

Police records the Miami Herald newspaper obtained show that no one at either abortion business was licensed to do abortions in the last five years, putting women at risk.

Senises, a 42 year-old Davie resident, was charged with a third degree felony that could land her as much as five years in prison.

Five other people have been charged in association with the investigation, including Belkis Gonzalez, who owns the A Gyn of Miramar abortion center and is Senises’ partner. Gonzalez was jailed on two felony counts related to abortions at the facility, also known as the Miramar Women’s Center.

Gonzalez was taken into custody in February and later released on $1,000 bond and Senises was arrested then as well but later released.

The pair were the subject of a probe by both local police and the state Department of Health.

According to documents in the case, Kieron Nisbet, who had a limited medical license to only practice in a hospital, and Robelto Osborne, who had his license revoked by the state, were doing the abortions at the centers.

Osborne told the Herald that the women knew his license had been canceled but they allowed him to do abortions anyway.

Nisbet fled the country and Osborne turned himself in and was sentenced on his charges receiving two years community control, followed by three years probation.

Two other unlicensed employees of the abortion facility, Rojas and Joselin Collado, were later charged as well.

This is not the first time the pair has been in the news.

Last July, both were involved in a case where a baby was born alive at an abortion clinic in Hialeah.

The GYN Diagnostic Center in Hialeah closed for good last August. According to witnesses, an unnamed young woman went there for an abortion. Police say the 18 year-old returned the next day complaining of sever stomach pains.

Abortion facility staff told her the abortion practitioner was not available and that she would have to wait. After being taken to a waiting area, the woman allegedly gave birth to the baby that she thought had been aborted the day before.

Officials say an anonymous caller, who they believe is an employee at the abortion business, alerted them to the birth and the infanticide of the child afterwards. However, when police arrived at the abortion facility, the baby’s body was missing.

They came back a second time and found the dead baby in a biohazard bag. Detectives say abortion facility staff likely moved the baby’s body the first time to avoid detection.