Louisiana Couple Arrested in Attempt to Firebomb Abortion Business

State   |   Steven Ertelt   |   Jan 2, 2006   |   9:00AM   |   WASHINGTON, DC

Louisiana Couple Arrested in Attempt to Firebomb Abortion Business Email this article
Printer friendly page

by Steven Ertelt
LifeNews.com Editor
January 2, 2006

Shreveport, LA (LifeNews.com) — A Louisiana couple were arrested in connection with their failed attempt to firebomb an abortion facility in Shreveport. In December the pair unsuccessfully attacked the Hope Medical Group for Women abortion business.

Authorities say 24 year-old Patricia Hughes and 18 year-old Jeremy Dunahoe were arrested and booked into jail. Hughes was charged with manufacturing and possessing a delayed incendiary device and Dunahoe was charged as an accessory.

Hughes threw the Molotov cocktail at the abortion facility about 10:45 p.m. Dec. 12 and the device apparently landed away from the building and burned without causing any damage.

In looking for the pair, officials had released a videotape of the security camera footage which shows a car pulling into the parking lot and a woman getting out on the passenger side. She is seen throwing the device at the abortion facility, entering the car and leaving.

Shreveport Fire Capt. Fred Sanders was responsible for finding the pair based on the description of their vehicle from the video camera footage at the abortion center.

"It was parked behind their (Hughes and Dunahoe) residence. I spotted a part of it that matched the vehicle seen in the surveillance video of the incident," Sanders said.

Investigators with the fire and police departments questioned the couple along with FBI agents.

Officials said the pair did not disclose why they did it.

"This is not a crime to be taken lightly," Shreveport Fire Department spokesman Brian Crawford told KTBS at the time. "It’s an arson crime — and because of the nature of this crime, someone could also be charged with domestic terrorism as well."

Investigators told the television station they have a "substantial amount of evidence left from the firebomb.