Planned Parenthood Says Trump and Pence Hate Women Because They Want to Defund It

National   Micaiah Bilger   May 11, 2018   |   6:03PM    Washington, DC

Planned Parenthood blasted President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence on two major news programs this week, accusing them of attacking “women’s health and rights.”

The abortion giant bought 30-second ad spots during “Fox & Friends” and “Morning Joe” targeting audiences in New York and Washington, D.C., The Hill reports. The ad criticizes Trump and Pence for even considering taking away Planned Parenthood’s tax dollars.

“Tell Trump and Pence to stop the attack on women’s health and rights,” the ad says. “The Trump-Pence administration is going after women’s health and rights, threatening a new attack on access to Planned Parenthood.”

It claims cuts to Planned Parenthood’s taxpayer funding would be “devastating” for women. In reality, the cuts only would devastate Planned Parenthood’s abortion business.

At issue is a proposed policy for Title X family planning money. In April, a large group of House Republicans urged the Trump administration to restrict Title X funds to groups that perform and/or refer patients for abortions.

Planned Parenthood is one of the largest recipients of those taxpayer funds. Title X dollars are supposed to be used to help low-income women and men receive birth control, cancer screenings and other health care services. While the tax money cannot be used to pay for abortions, it indirectly funds Planned Parenthood’s large abortion business.

Several states do restrict Title X funds to abortion groups; however, Planned Parenthood still receives about 40 percent of the funding each year, according to The Hill.

SIGN THE PETITION! Congress Must De-Fund Planned Parenthood Immediately

In the past year, the Trump administration has cut several other streams of funding to Planned Parenthood. Soon after Trump took office, he signed the Mexico City Policy to prevent the funding of groups that promote or perform abortions overseas. This includes the International Planned Parenthood Federation, which received tax dollars under the Obama administration.

In addition, in 2017, the Trump administration cut millions of dollars in grants to Planned Parenthood’s failed Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program. HHS spokesman Mark Vafiades told the New York Times last year that there is very little evidence that the program was successful. Planned Parenthood now is suing to prevent the cuts.

Planned Parenthood is the largest abortion business in America, aborting approximately 320,000 unborn babies every year. Its most recent annual report showed a record income of $1.46 billion for the “nonprofit,” with about half a billion dollars coming from taxpayers.

In December, the U.S. Department of Justice said it is investigating whether the abortion chain illegally sold aborted baby body parts.