The undercover videos exposing Planned Parenthood selling aborted babies body parts have prompted whistle blowers to come forward and report more potential violations of the law, a leading pro-life Congresswoman said this week.
U.S. Rep. Marsha Blackburn chairs the Select Panel on Infant Lives, a special U.S. Congressional committee established to investigate the abortion industry and groups that handle aborted babies’ body parts. Congress launched the investigation after a series of undercover videos showed top Planned Parenthood officials discussing the sale of aborted babies’ body parts.
She told Hot Air’s The Ed Morrissey Show on Wednesday that the Center for Medical Progress videos have encouraged other whistle blowers to provide information about the inner workings of the abortion industry.
“What has been really interesting to me, Ed, we have a whistleblower portal that is there on our website, and I think the videos just opened the door for others … They have the information and they wanted to get that to us,” Blackburn told Morrissey. “So what we have seen is information that has come our way because of the videos having been out there, with people saying … well I thought I was alone in this and now I realize that there are others, etc. We have received information from many other sources.
“It has opened the doors for others to feel comfortable in coming forward with their information,” she continued.
Blackburn previously said her committee is asking human tissue procurement groups that work with abortion clinics for accounting and banking records. These records will help to determine whether the abortion industry’s sales of aborted babies’ body parts are illegal. Under the law, human tissue cannot be sold, but groups are allowed to charge for the costs to procure and process the tissue, she said.
Some of the recent evidence uncovered by the committee shows a procurement group charging tax on the sale of three aborted babies’ brains, Blackburn said in a recent interview with The Daily Signal.
The evidence indicates that “this is something that has moved into a profit-motive structure, and we’re very concerned about what that does to women and babies,” Blackburn said.
“What they’ve done is to turn that baby and the mother into a profit center,” she added.
Other evidence uncovered by the panel indicates that abortion clinics may have shared their patients’ private health information in violation of HIPPA, LifeNews reported. In addition, women may have been misled on consent forms to procure their aborted babies’ body parts, according to the evidence.
“This betrayal of a young woman’s trust should disgust us all,” Blackburn said while announcing the new evidence. “It takes financial advantage, obtains consent through coercion, and deceives the woman, all in violation of federal privacy laws.”
Blackburn is calling on the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to investigate the potential violations.
In April, she cited evidence that women sitting in abortion clinic waiting rooms are lobbied to donate their aborted babies’ bodies. Her committee also heard testimony from a doctor connected to Planned Parenthood who said its consent forms for fetal tissue donation misled women.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all twelve:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.