Desperate to paint pro-lifers in a bad light, abortion supporters have been doing their best to claim that aborted babies’ body parts are necessary to scientific advancements.
However, a mounting list of evidence is proving that this is not the case.
Earlier this month, during a U.S. Congressional hearing on Bioethics and Fetal Tissue, pro-abortion witnesses for the Democrats repeatedly claimed that progress on the Zika virus would require fetal tissue research. The Select Investigative Panel on Infant Lives, which conducted the hearing, is investigating abortion industry practices in the wake of the undercover videos showing Planned Parenthood officials trying to sell aborted babies’ body parts.
On Thursday, U.S. Rep. Marsha Blackburn, a pro-life Republican from Tennessee who chairs the panel, pointed to new evidence that disproves the pro-abortion witnesses’ claims.
In a news release, Blackburn stated:
“I am extremely pleased with recent studies showing potential cures for Dengue fever and the Zika virus. Both diseases are causing untold pain and suffering to thousands of people. Both of these scientific breakthroughs show a solution to end these crippling diseases is on the horizon,” Blackburn said. “I find it very interesting that this news comes in direct contrast to accusations made by Democrats and their witnesses during our March 2nd hearing on Bioethics and Fetal Tissue where they claimed that the work of our panel would slow down progress on efforts to find a vaccine for the Zika virus.”
… When asked about the need for fetal tissue in understanding the implications of the Zika virus, Dr. Lawrence Goldstein told the Select Panel that “if you want to understand the Zika virus, the most efficient place to start is with the fetal tissue that is infected. That just seems self-evident to me.”
Only days later, The Washington Post cited an academic article that reported a breakthrough about how the Zika virus infects the brain of preborn children. The discovery had been made through research using not fetal tissue, but induced pluripotent stem cells — an adult stem cell research tool that won the Nobel Prize in 2012.
The Democrats and their witnesses repeatedly cited vaccines as also requiring fetal tissue. But today it was reported that the first level trial on human subjects of a Dengue fever vaccine has been a success. The vaccine was developed using monkey and mosquito cells — not the organs of unborn babies.
“Loud and clear, Democrats have abused the hopes of those who are suffering with the claim that our investigative efforts would interfere with potentially life-saving research. This kind of political rhetoric demeans our commitment to an open and honest discussion and these recently reported discoveries show their claims to be patently false,” said Blackburn.
A number of scientific researchers also have publicly stated that aborted babies’ body parts are not essential to medical advancements.
In an op-ed in the Milwaukee Wisconsin Journal Sentinel last September, six doctors explained why using fetal “tissue” for research is unethical and unnecessary for scientists.
“The argument that fetal-derived tissues must be used in research to develop medical treatments is false,” they wrote. “Many therapies have been developed using cell lines not of fetal origin, including insulin for diabetes (produced in bacteria), Herceptin for breast cancer and tissue plasminogen activator for heart attack, stroke and pulmonary embolism (both developed in Chinese hamster ovary cells).”
The evidence that abortion groups are profiting off aborted babies’ body parts has prompted a number of states to introduce legislation to ban the sale and/or donation of aborted babies’ body parts. However, abortion activists have been attacking these bills as “anti-science.”
The federal law that technically prohibits the sale of aborted babies and their body parts was written by a pro-abortion Congressman decades ago and essentially spells out a process by which sellers of aborted baby body parts can meet certain criteria that allows the sales to be legal. That’s why a Colorado congressman has introduced federal legislation to totally ban the sales of aborted baby body parts.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all twelve:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.