The Center for Medical Progress released a new undercover video Tuesday just a day before the U.S. Supreme Court is scheduled to hear a monumental case on abortion.
The 12th video (watch below) in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.
“The fact that a community like Orange County, CA, is open for business for baby body parts makes clear the need for law enforcement and elected officials to hold Planned Parenthood accountable,” said David Daleiden, CMP Project Lead. “And as the Supreme Court prepares to hear a landmark abortion business regulation case, Planned Parenthood’s baby parts scheme sends an urgent message about the critical need for states to have strong regulatory authority over the abortion industry.”
Undercover investigators with CMP met Russo on Feb. 27, 2015, posing as a fetal tissue procurement company seeking to do business with Planned Parenthood. Russo performs abortions up to 24 weeks at the California abortion facility, according to CMP.
In the video, Russo confirms that her Planned Parenthood affiliate is currently working with a local biotech company called Da Vinci Biosciences, LLC in California to supply aborted fetal body parts.
The biotech company has partnered with the local Planned Parenthood affiliate since 2008, according to CMP. Interestingly, Planned Parenthood Orange & San Bernardino Counties’ 2008 Annual Report lists Da Vinci Biosciences as one of its major financial donors.
In the video, Russo says Da Vinci takes “the whole specimen.”
While Russo says the calvarium, or head, of the unborn baby usually is crushed in the abortion, there are rare times when abortionists do harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies.
“It happens sometimes, but it’s pretty rare,” she says. “But, we try.”
Russo also says her clinic currently is not using the feticide chemical digoxin in any cases because of a national shortage. The chemical typically is used in later-term abortions to kill the unborn baby and prevent a live birth. In cases where aborted babies’ bodies are being harvested, abortion clinics often forgo the poison to preserve the tissue for researchers, CMP investigators found.
According to CMP, without digoxin, it is possible for an unborn baby extracted intact during an abortion to be born alive.
A Da Vinci Biosciences phone representative confirmed to an undercover investigator that the aborted baby tissue that it sells does not contain the chemical. When the caller asked for fetal brain from 18 to 24 weeks gestation, the representative replied, “It is feticide-free, considering that we have such a large catalog of fetal tissue, I believe that would be a requirement for us, in order to have so many fetal products available.”
In the video, Russo also confirms that Planned Parenthood abortionists do change the abortion procedure to increase the chances of getting an intact aborted baby’s body. Russo says they use the same procedure as Dr. Deborah Nucatola, senior director of medical services for Planned Parenthood, who described in the first undercover video how abortionists use an ultrasound-guided procedure to flip the baby to a feet-first position in the womb in order to get a more intact “specimen.”
The Center for Medical Progress also obtained invoices from Da Vinci showing charges of $350 for fetal liver, $500 for fetal thymus and $750 for fetal brain.
“Although Planned Parenthood’s political and PR cronies work overtime to cover-up the revelations of its illicit baby parts trade, Planned Parenthood’s interstate criminal scheme to harvest and sell aborted baby parts continues without any transparency or accountability,” Daleiden said.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of the previous eleven:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies.The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
The full, unedited videos have confirmed that revelations that some aborted baby remains sold by Planned Parenthood go to biotech companies for the purpose of creating “humanized” mice. Meanwhile, Planned Parenthood has been exposed as having sold body parts from aborted babies for as much as 15 years.
The federal law that technically prohibits the sale of aborted babies and their body parts was written by a pro-abortion Congressman decades ago and essentially spells out a process by which sellers of aborted baby body parts can meet certain criteria that allows the sales to be legal. That’s why a Colorado congressman has introduced legislation to totally ban the sales of aborted baby body parts.