Pro-abortion Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi used her power today to appoint abortion supporters to a committee that will investigate Planned Parenthood’s abortion practices.
On Oct. 7, the U.S. House approved the Select Panel on abortion and the sale of aborted baby body parts that will spend a year thoroughly investigating the Planned Parenthood abortion business amid the brewing scandal of it selling aborted babies and appearing to break multiple federal laws in so doing, LifeNews.com previously reported.
The Select Panel is being formed in response to the videos released by Center for Medical Progress, and it will consist of eight Republicans and five Democrats. The work of this panel will be in addition to the ongoing investigations at the Judiciary Committee and Oversight and Government Reform Committee.
Today, Pelosi appointed the following pro-abortion Democrats to the panel, according to a press release from her office:
- Congressman Jerrold Nadler of New York
- Congresswoman Diana DeGette of Colorado
- Congresswoman Jackie Speier of California
- Congresswoman Suzan DelBene of Washington
- Congresswoman Bonnie Watson Coleman of New Jersey
Pelosi also appointed Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky of Illinois as ranking member. Schakowsky has been a vocal defender of Planned Parenthood amid the latest scandal and is a member of the Congressional Pro-Choice Caucus. The Democrat also received $13,115 from Planned Parenthood for her election campaign, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.
Every one of Pelosi’s appointees has a 0% pro-life voting record from the National Right to Life Committee for the current session.
Pelosi, who claims she wants her appointees to “fight for the truth,” admitted earlier this fall that she has not even watched the undercover Planned Parenthood videos. Despite having not watched them, Pelosi called the videos fake, LifeNews.com previously reported.
In an email to LifeNews.com, Congresswoman Diane Black, who is heading the effort in the House to de-fund Planned Parenthood, criticized Pelosi.
“Nancy Pelosi and her fellow Planned Parenthood enthusiasts in Congress are embarrassing themselves by continuing to deny what we have all seen with our own eyes. They cannot defend the barbaric activities revealed on these undercover videos, so they demonize and dismiss the source instead. I get it – this is a conversation that Democrats do not want to have, but these videos are indeed real and pretending otherwise will not change the gruesome reality of what is happening behind closed doors at Planned Parenthood clinics across this country,” she said.
Pro-life Rep. Marsha Blackburn, a Tennessee Republican who will chair the panel, outlined the topics the panel will investigate:
- Medical procedures and business practices used by entities involved in fetal tissue procurement;
- Any other matters with respect to fetal tissue procurement;
- Federal funding and support for abortion providers;
- The practices of providers of second and third trimester abortions, including partial birth abortion procedures that may lead to a child born alive as a result of an attempted abortion;
- Medical procedures for the care of a child born alive as a result of an attempted abortion;
- Any changes in law or regulation necessary as a result of any other findings made.
The House voted 242 to 184 in favor of the new Select Panel, with two Democrats joining House Republicans in voting for the committee and one Republican joining Democrats opposing it.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of the eleven videos:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies.The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- The 11th video: shows the abortion doctor for Planned Parenthood in Austin, Texas, Amna Dermish, describing a partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.