During a Congressional hearing yesterday, the second on Planned Parenthood selling aborted babies and their body parts, Democrats on the panel complained that the videos showing the abuses at Planned Parenthood were “heavily edited.” But when Republicans on the committee attempted to show the videos, they objected and refused to watch them.
During his time to question and discusses the issues with witnesses on a panel, House Energy & Commerce Committee chairman Joe Pitts, a pro-life Pennsylvania Republican, played clips of the shocking videos. Democrats threw a hissy-fit in response.
Florida Democrat Kathy Castor interrupted the showing of the videos and complained loudly: “Mr. Chairman, I have to object to this. You don’t have any context for this. What we understand from all of the investigations is that these are manufactured videos, highly edited, selective, and I would object and say you need to run these by the minority so that we can provide some context.”
Despite the interruption, Pitts continued playing the video clips and describing how Planned Parenthood officials were caught trying to sell aborted babies and their body parts.
LiveActionNews noted how another Democrat also complained about the videos being shown:
Representative Frank Pallone, a pro-abortion Democrat, made a vain attempt at slamming the videos for being “false” and overly edited. Yet, he demonstrated his complete lack of knowledge by quoting a supposedly left-out statement that is absolutely included in the full footage version of the video on Dr. Deborah Nucatola.
While Pallone claimed that nothing before this committee “indicates that Planned Parenthood has done anything illegal, anything improper,” one of his chief bases for this statement was that the full footage was not being shown to the committee. (Though one doubts Pallone would sit through a three hour tape if he cannot endure a few seconds.)
Perhaps Rep. Pallone is unaware of how to pull up YouTube on his computer. The full footage video he so yearns to see was posted online by the Center for Medical Progress less than an hour after the shorter version was published – way back in mid-July.
The footage has been at Rep. Pallone’s fingertips for two months now. He has only himself to blame for failing to watch the full extent of Planned Parenthood’s misdeeds. And yet, the reaction by Pallone and others on the committee demonstrates a basic fact: they don’t want to be forced to face Planned Parenthood’s illegal activities.
Pro-life advocates noted the objections from Democrats on the panel on Twitter with tweets chiding them for refusing to watch the videos:
Instead of watching videos or hearing transcript, some committee members gather to discuss whether this is allowed pic.twitter.com/TPeYfusbm0
— Alison Howard (@alisonhoward1) September 17, 2015
PP supporting reps are outraged the Chairman is playing the #PPsellsbabyparts videos. How about some outrage at the content of the videos?
— Ohio Right to Life (@ohiolife) September 17, 2015
At Hearing: Some on committee very flustered that @RepJoePitts has begun to show the videos as evidence.
— Alison Howard (@alisonhoward1) September 17, 2015
Today, the House will vote for a bill to freeze Planned Parenthood funding. Rep. Diane Black, a Tennessee Republican who is the pro-life lawmaker sponsoring the legislation and a nurse for more than 40 years, thanked Speaker John Boehner and Republican leaders in the House for putting together next week’s vote.
Black has written legislation that would freeze Planned Parenthood funding for one year while Congress conducts an investigation into its sales of aborted babies. The House vote would follow one the Senate had weeks ago, which saw Senate Democrats filibuster and block legislation to revoke $550 million in taxpayer funding. The Senate is expected to vote soon on a second attempt to de-fund Planned Parenthood.
A new Congressional report finds that de-funding the Planned Parenthood abortion business — even for one year — would save “several thousand” unborn babies from the nightmare of abortion. The report also finds de-funding Planned Parenthood would save the federal government $235 million.
The 10th video by The Center for Medical Progress features several top-level Planned Parenthood executives discussing the organization’s secretive practices around aborted fetal parts harvesting. The video includes comments from Deborah VanDerhei, the National Director of the organization’s Consortium of Abortion Providers, describing the harvesting of fetal body parts as “donation for remuneration.”
A first hearing has exposed how Planned Parenthood is likely breaking multiple federal laws to sell aborted baby body parts. Next week, a second Congressional hearing into the Planned Parenthood abortion business will take place after 10 videos have exposed how the abortion company sells aborted babies and their body parts for research.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all nine:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies.The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
So far, 12 states have responded to the Planned Parenthood videos and launched investigations into their abortion and organ harvesting business including South Carolina, Florida, Tennessee, Massachusetts, Kansas, Missouri, Arizona, Indiana, Ohio, Georgia, Texas and Louisiana. The district attorney in Houston Texas is also investigating after the Houston-based Planned Parenthood abortion facility was caught selling aborted babies.
Congress has expanded its investigation into the Planned Parenthood abortion business and five states have revoked taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood’s abortion business, including Utah, Arkansas, Alabama, New Hampshire and Louisiana and Iowa’s governor has ordered a review of Planned Parenthood funding.
The full, unedited videos have confirmed that revelations that some aborted baby remains sold by Planned Parenthood go to biotech companies for the purpose of creating “humanized” mice. Meanwhile, Planned Parenthood has been exposed as having sold body parts from aborted babies for as much as 15 years.
The federal law that technically prohibits the sale of aborted babies and their body parts was written by a pro-abortion Congressman decades ago and essentially spells out a process by which sellers of aborted baby body parts can meet certain criteria that allows the sales to be legal. That’s why a Colorado congressman has introduced legislation to totally ban the sales of aborted baby body parts.