The Center for Medical Progress today released the 10th video in its series catching the Planned Parenthood abortion business selling aborted babies. The video catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies.
But the new video also offers a look into how Planned Parenthood is breaking federal law, which technically prohibits the sale of aborted babies and their body parts by preventing sellers from making a profit on the “donations” of aborted baby body parts for research.
CMP has also released the full, unedited footage of the comments from Deborah VanDerhei, the National Director of the organization’s Consortium of Abortion Providers, describing the harvesting of fetal body parts as “donation for remuneration.” VanDerhei gives Planned Parenthood’s baby parts business the novel categorization of “donation for remuneration” even though remuneration implies payment as a reward or financial benefit.
“Is this really worth getting–I don’t even know what in general, what a specimen generally brings in?” VanDerhei asks the CMP officials posing as buyers of aborted baby body parts. “I have been talking to the executive director of the National Abortion Federation, we’re trying to figure this out as an industry, about how we’re going to manage remuneration, because the headlines would be a disaster.”
VanDerhei is a veteran abortion business owner and who should be fully aware of the federal law governing donations of aborted baby parts for research. When she is offered $100 for each aborted baby part, VanDerhei says, “But we have independent colleagues who generate a fair amount of income doing this.”
Keep up with the latest pro-life news and information on Twitter. Follow @LifeNewsHQ
VanDerhei then details how Planned Parenthood works to avoid leaving a paper trail regarding their fetal harvesting program: “It’s an issue that you might imagine we’re not really that comfortable talking about on email.”
A Congressional hearing went into this exact issue of Planned Parenthood making an illegal profit from selling body parts of aborted babies. Last week, a prominent pro-life attorney made it clear to members of Congress that Planned Parenthood likely broke multiple federal laws in its sale of aborted babies and their body parts for research.
James Bopp, the general counsel for the National Right to Life Committee, told the House Judiciary Committee that, “Recorded conversations, released by the Center for Medical Progress reveal many legal issues with Planned Parenthood’s procedures and practices regarding fetal tissue procurement.”
“These procedures and practices of Planned Parenthood, and their tissue procurement partners, show that federal laws when applicable, have been and are continuing to be violated during the procurement and sale of human fetal tissue,” Bopp explained.
As Bopp explained to the panel:
Federal law prohibits any person “to knowingly acquire, receive, or otherwise transfer any human fetal tissue for valuable consideration if the transfer affects interstate commerce.” Human fetal tissue includes all “tissue or cells obtained from a dead human embryo or fetus after a spontaneous or induced abortion, or after a stillbirth.”However, “valuable consideration does not include reasonable payments associated with the transportation, implantation, processing, preservation, quality control or storage of human fetal tissue.”
However, the federal law authorizing the funding of such research went beyond the strict limits recommended by the Panel. The “reasonable pay ments” authorized by federal law are quite broad, going beyond Planned Parenthood’s actual costs and clearly providing financial incentives to abortion clinics. This promotes substantial abuse as evidenced by multiple conversations recorded by CMP. In fact, Planned Parenthood has chosen to accept prices that have no relationship to even the “reasonable payments” authorized by federal law, but are based on the market value per-specimen.
These clips from the conversation show that Planned Parenthood affiliates are not checking their costs of procurement and setting a number based on these costs, but are instead trying to make money off of human fetal tissue. While it is clear from these conversations that Planned Parenthood is charging based on the market value per-specimen, there is also evidence that they report their numbers in such a way as to not attract attention.
While Planned Parenthood is allowed, under federal law, to charge for certain statutorily specified costs, a per-specimen price based on what the market will bear and how much they can get out of it without attracting attention suggests a clear violation of the spirit and letter of the law.
This week, the House of Representatives will vote for a bill to freeze Planned Parenthood funding. Rep. Diane Black, a Tennessee Republican who is the pro-life lawmaker sponsoring the legislation and a nurse for more than 40 years, thanked Speaker John Boehner and Republican leaders in the House for putting together next week’s vote.
Black has written legislation that would freeze Planned Parenthood funding for one year while Congress conducts an investigation into its sales of aborted babies. The House vote would follow one the Senate had weeks ago, which saw Senate Democrats filibuster and block legislation to revoke $550 million in taxpayer funding. The Senate is expected to vote soon on a second attempt to de-fund Planned Parenthood.
A first hearing has exposed how Planned Parenthood is likely breaking multiple federal laws to sell aborted baby body parts. Next week, a second Congressional hearing into the Planned Parenthood abortion business will take place after 10 videos have exposed how the abortion company sells aborted babies and their body parts for research.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all nine:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
So far, 12 states have responded to the Planned Parenthood videos and launched investigations into their abortion and organ harvesting business including South Carolina, Florida, Tennessee, Massachusetts, Kansas, Missouri, Arizona, Indiana, Ohio, Georgia, Texas and Louisiana. The district attorney in Houston Texas is also investigating after the Houston-based Planned Parenthood abortion facility was caught selling aborted babies.
Congress has expanded its investigation into the Planned Parenthood abortion business and five states have revoked taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood’s abortion business, including Utah, Arkansas, Alabama, New Hampshire and Louisiana and Iowa’s governor has ordered a review of Planned Parenthood funding.
The full, unedited videos have confirmed that revelations that some aborted baby remains sold by Planned Parenthood go to biotech companies for the purpose of creating “humanized” mice. Meanwhile, Planned Parenthood has been exposed as having sold body parts from aborted babies for as much as 15 years.
The federal law that technically prohibits the sale of aborted babies and their body parts was written by a pro-abortion Congressman decades ago and essentially spells out a process by which sellers of aborted baby body parts can meet certain criteria that allows the sales to be legal. That’s why a Colorado congressman has introduced legislation to totally ban the sales of aborted baby body parts.