Obama’s Abortion Pill Mandate is Currently Losing in Court 32-5
by Steven Ertelt | Washington, DC | LifeNews.com | 10/24/13 11:19 PM
“The Obama administration’s abortion pill mandate forces employers, regardless of their religious or moral convictions, to provide insurance coverage for abortion-inducing drugs, sterilization, and contraception under threat of heavy penalties by the Internal Revenue Service and other federal agencies if the mandate’s requirements aren’t met,” ADF says.
Below is a rundown of some of the victories, click the links for more details about the particular case.
- Newland v. Sebelius: The Newland family runs Hercules Industries, an HVAC manufacturer.
- Briscoe v. Sebelius: Stephen Briscoe owns several separate companies that operate senior independent living residences, assisted living centers, and skilled nursing facilities along with related businesses that manage such facilities.
- Armstrong v. Sebelius: Former U.S. Sen. Bill Armstrong is one of the co-owners of Cherry Creek Mortgage Co., a family-run home loan provider.
District of Columbia:
- Tyndale House Publishers v. Sebelius: Tyndale House Publishers is one of the world’s largest privately held Christian publishers of books, Bibles, and digital media.
- Grote Industries v. Sebelius: Grote Industries is a family-run auto lighting manufacturer.
- Grace Schools v. Sebelius: Grace College and Seminary in Indiana and Biola University in California are evangelical Christian colleges.
- Louisiana College v. Sebelius: Louisiana College is a private, Baptist college.
- Trijicon v. Sebelius: Trijicon is a family business that manufactures sights and scopes for the military, law enforcement, and hunters.
- Midwest Fastener Corp. v. Sebelius: Midwest Fastener Corp. is a family-run fastener supply business.
- Annex Medical v. Sebelius: Annex Medical and Sacred Heart Medical are family-run businesses that design, manufacture, and sell medical devices.
- Sioux Chief Manufacturing v. Sebelius: Sioux Chief Manufacturing is a family-run business that produces plumbing products and supplies.
- Southern Nazarene University v. Sebelius: Southern Nazarene University, Oklahoma Wesleyan University, Oklahoma Baptist University, and Mid-America Christian University are evangelical Christian universities.
- Geneva College and The Seneca Hardwood Lumber Co. v. Sebelius: Geneva College is a Christian college founded in the tradition of the Reformed Presbyterian faith, and The Seneca Hardwood Lumber Co. is a family-run lumber business.
- Conestoga Wood Specialties v. Sebelius: Conestoga Wood Specialties is a family-run wholesale manufacturer of custom wood cabinet parts.