New Arizona Web Site Connects Women With Abortion Alternatives
by Cathi Herrod | Phoenix, AZ | LifeNews.com | 12/7/12 5:55 PM
In the nearly 40 years since Roe v. Wade enabled the loss of more than 55 million lives, one of the prolife movement’s greatest assets in the fight against abortion has been technology.
- Ultrasound imagery has brought the humanity of the preborn into picture.
- Medical advancements continue to push the line on how young a child can survive outside the womb.
- And the Internet has allowed for the facts about abortion to spread across the country.
In accordance with the Mother’s Health and Safety Act, the Arizona Department of Health Services has launched the “Woman’s Right to Know” website
This unbiased site helps fight the distortions of the abortion industry by providing women with free information about their rights and options, including:
- A list of public and private organizations available to help her through and after her pregnancy.
- Details about alternatives to abortion.
- Pictures and facts about fetal development.
- Information about what steps state law requires for informed consent before an abortion can be performed.
- Objective answers about the risks of abortion, and more.
While much of the attention on the Mother’s Health and Safety Act has been on the prohibition of most abortions after 20 weeks, there are a number of facets of the law, including this new website, that take significant steps to protect women and preborn children. Our thanks to DHS Director Will Humble and his staff for putting together this comprehensive and easy-to-understand website.
I need your help to spread the word about this new resource for women. Help us promote the site by sharing it with your network today!
CLICK LIKE IF YOU’RE PRO-LIFE!
LifeNews Note: Cathi Herrod is the president of the Center for Arizona Policy.