Top 10 Reasons For Pro-Lifers to Vote for Mitt Romney
by Steven Ertelt | Washington, DC | LifeNews.com | 11/4/12 2:20 PM
In the election between pro-abortion President Barack Obama and former Governor Mitt Romney, there is a wide chasm between the two when it comes to the concerns pro-life voters have about abortion.
Whereas Obama has crafted a lengthy pro-abortion record, with more than 240 anti-life actions and a zealous effort to keep virtually unlimited abortions in place for another 40 years, Mitt Romney has taken pro-life positions that should earn him the vote of every pro-life voter on election day.
Here are ten reasons why pro-life voters should vote for Mitt Romney for president and why LifeNews is endorsing Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan.
1. Roe v. Wade: Because a federal Human Life Amendment to the Constitution is an extraordinarily difficult long-term prospect, overturning Roe v. Wade is the only real method of achieving legal protection for unborn children any time soon. When it comes to Roe v. Wade, Obama has repeatedly voiced his support for the infamous abortion decision while Romney has repeatedly said he wants it overturned.
2. Supreme Court: To overturn Roe v. Wade, we need more Supreme Court justices in the mold of Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas, both of whom have publicly made clear their desire to overturn the decision. President Obama named pro-abortion radicals Elena Kagan and Sonia Sotomayor to the high court in his effort to keep abortions legal another 40 years. On the other hand, Romney assembled a team of pro-life, conservative legal heavyweights to advise him on legal matters — specifically on the right kind of judges he should consider should he become president. The co-chairman of the Romney Justice Advisory Committee is former Appeals Court justice Robert Bork, a prior Supreme Court nominee who is highly-regarded by pro-life and conservative voters for his legal acumen. The second member of the Romney judicial team is Harvard law professor Mary Ann Glendon, a pro-life heroine who is a former ambassador to the Vatican and well-respected by the Catholic community.
3. Obamacare: The Obamacare health care law President Obama signed contains absolutely no limits on abortion funding. Every pro-life group has confirmed that, once it is fully implemented, Obamacare will fund abortions and fund the Planned Parenthood abortion business. Romney has said he would push for repealing Obamacare and do so beginning on the first day in office by removing any funding or implementation he can via executive order that can be done other than its full repeal.
4. Obama’s HHS-Abortion Mandate: The pro-abortion mandate in Obamacare has led to more than 100 lawsuits from Catholic and evangelical groups, colleges, and businesses that would be subjected to millions in fines if they did not pay for abortion-causing drugs and birth control for their employees. Obama’s administration approved the mandate but Romney running mate Paul Ryan has said numerous times he would oppose it and get rid of it.
5. Vice President: Perhaps the most important personnel decision a president can make is naming a Vice President. President Obama chose pro-abortion Vice President Joe Biden, who had a lengthy pro-abortion record, has upset Catholics by saying he is faithful to Church teachings even though he supports abortion, and famously said he wouldn’t second-guess China’s one-child policy. In Wisconsin congressman Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney has selected a potential Vice President with a 100% pro-life voting record and a sterling commitment to protecting unborn children. Ryan will be a key pro-life ally in the White House to ensure the Romney administration puts forth pro-life policies.
6. Planned Parenthood: President Obama has bent over backward to force taxpayers to fund the Planned Parenthood abortion business. He repeatedly refused to sign a bill in Congress to revoke its hundreds of millions in taxpayer funds and, on several occasions, he forced states to fund the abortion giant even after they approved legislation to de-fund it. Romney has repeatedly made it clear he will work to de-fund Planned Parenthood, saying, “I think I’ve said time and again that I’m a pro-life candidate and I’ll be a pro-life president. The actions I’ll take immediately is to remove funding for Planned Parenthood. It will not be part of my budget.”
7. Mexico City Policy: The Mexico City Policy is a less-well-known method of revoking taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood. During his first week in
office, Obama overturned the policy and sent tens of millions in tax money to the International Planned Parenthood organization to promote and perform abortions in other nations. One of the life-saving actions Mitt Romney will take immediately if he becomes president is to reinstate what is called the Mexico City Policy.
8. Pro-Life Bills: The House has approved several different pro-life bills that never made it through the Senate in part because President Obama steadfastly opposed them and lawmakers knew they would be vetoed if they reached the White House. Romney has committed to signing more pro-life bills that limit abortions and protect unborn children. “I will advocate for and support a Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act to protect unborn children who are capable of feeling pain from abortion,” Romney said, for example. Should Romney win and Republicans take the Senate on Tuesday, pro-lifers expect that more federal pro-life laws will be approved.
9. UNFPA, Forced Abortion: In 2009, the Obama administration sent a $50 million check to the United Nations Population Fund. That’s the pro-abortion group that has been accused of supporting and working in concert with Chinese family planning officials pushing women into forced abortions. That will change if Romney is elected. Romney has said he would undo that funding, saying, “I will reinstate the Mexico City Policy to ensure that nongovernmental organizations that receive
funding from America refrain from performing or promoting abortion services, as a method of family planning, in other countries. This includes ending American
funding for any United Nations or other foreign assistance program that promotes or performs abortions on women around the world.”
10. Abstinence, Stem Cell Research, International Abortion Promotion, Etc: If you spend some time looking through Obama’s abortion record, you’ll see the Obama administration promoted abortion and embryonic stem cell research multiple times, de-funded abstinence education and pregnancy centers, and promoted abortion worldwide. There are hundreds of things presidents can do to promote the pro-life agenda that don’t receive considerable attention. On each of these items, pro-life voters can expect President Mitt Romney and important personnel in his administration will be approaching issues from a pro-life perspective.
CLICK LIKE IF YOU’RE PRO-LIFE!
LifeNews is continuing to do everything we can to educate pro-life voters about the enormous implications of the presidential race. The fate of millions of unborn children depend on the outcome of this election.
LifeNews needs your help to continue our pro-life Election 2012 efforts. Please make an online donation NOW to support LifeNews.com as we promote pro-life
values this election. We have just hours left until Election Day!