New Web Site Exposes Obama’s Radical Abortion Record
by Steven Ertelt | Washington, DC | LifeNews.com | 10/18/12 11:55 AM
The Susan B. Anthony List, a pro-life women’s group, has released a new web site that exposes the lengthy pro-abortion record President Barack Obama has accumulated since taking over the White House in 2009.
The web site Obama Facts on Life contains a wealth of information on Obama’s abortion record, reprinted below:
Fact: Obama Callously Refuses to Protect Babies Who Survive Failed Abortions
- As a State Senator in Illinois, Barack Obama opposed legislation that would have provided equal protection for unborn babies who survive abortions. The legislation: “[Provided] that a live child born as a result of an abortion shall be fully recognized as a human person and accorded immediate protection under the law.”
- The legislation was introduced after Jill Stanek testified in 1999 that, while working as a nurse at Christ Hospital in Illinois, infants who survived induced abortions were being left to die in a utility room.
Fact: Obamacare is the largest expansion of abortion on-demand since Roe v. Wade
- Obamacare is the largest expansion of abortion on-demand since Roe v. Wade, funded by the taxpayers. Obamacare uses taxpayer dollars to subsidize health care plans that include coverage for elective abortion.
- Under Obamacare, millions of Americans will unknowingly be enrolled in health plans that include abortion coverage. These plans will charge enrollees an “abortion surcharge” – that will go into a national abortion slush fund.
- Obamacare forces employers – whether religious or secular – to pay for insurance plans that cover abortion-inducing drugs and sterilization, regardless of religious or moral objections.
Polling shows that the majority of Americans oppose taxpayer funding of abortion in Obamacare. A 2009 Washington Post/ABC News poll found that 61% of Americans believe that taxpayer-subsided health care plans should not be allowed to include coverage for abortions.
Fact: Obama Refuses to Protect Unborn Baby Girls from Sex-Selective Abortion
- In May 2012, the House of Representatives voted on legislation that would ban sex-selection abortions, which occur when the gender of the child is not preferred by the parents. A study by the Lozier Institute shows that sex-selection abortion is happening here in the United States, with unborn baby girls falling victim. The majority of U.S. representatives – 246-168 – voted in favor of this ban.
- President Obama opposed the ban on sex-selection abortions, saying, “The government should not intrude in medical decisions … in this way.”
- A poll by the Lozier Institute found that 77 percent of respondents would support a law banning abortion in cases where “the fact that the developing baby is a girl is the sole reason for seeking an abortion.” The proportion of women supporting such a law is 80 percent.
- To learn more about the issue of sex-selection abortion, both here in the U.S. and around the world,click here.
Fact: Obama is an Unyielding Ally of Planned Parenthood, America’s Abortion Giant
- After undercover videos exposed Planned Parenthood employees showing a willingness to aid and abet in alleged human trafficking of young girls, Obama refused to cut a dime from Planned Parenthood’s taxpayer funding, even if it meant shutting down the government during the 2011 budget fight.
- Obama has bullied five states — Indiana, New Hampshire, Tennessee, Texas, and New Jersey – for defunding Planned Parenthood. His administration even yanked Medicaid funding or contracted directly with Planned Parenthood in states that have taken action to defund them.
CLICK LIKE IF YOU’RE PRO-LIFE!
Fact: Obama is Exporting His Abortion Agenda Overseas
- On his first day in office, Obama rescinded the Mexico City Policy, which bars non-governmental organizations that receive American tax dollars from performing or promoting abortion abroad.
- After taking office, Obama immediately restored funding to the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), which helps implement China’s brutal One-Child Policy. From 2009 to 2011, $145 million has been appropriated for UNFPA, and $47 million was requested in the President’s 2012 budget.