Barack Obama So Extreme on Abortion He Would Let Babies Die Who Survive
by Steven Ertelt | WASHINGTON, DC | LIFENEWS.COM | 7/9/08 9:00 AM
Barack Obama So Extreme on Abortion He Would Let Babies Die Who Survive Them
by Jill Stanek
July 9, 2008
LifeNews.com Note: Jill Stanek is a former Chicago-area nurse who brought national exposure to the practice of live-birth abortions. Those involve the purposeful birth of a baby prematurely for the purpose of killing her and she exposed how Christ Hospital in Oak Lawn, Illinois would not care for the babies after their birth. That led to a national bill Congress passed and President Bush signed to require appropriate medical care.
A CNN reporter interviewing me a couple weeks ago about Barack Obama’s opposition as state senator to the Illinois Born Alive Infants Protection Act groaned more than once that this topic was "complicated."
She was referring to Obama’s various explanations through the years for blocking Born Alive and lately his outright denial that obstructing legislation declaring live aborted babies legal persons had anything to do with endorsing their death.
I finally emailed her, "It is clear: Obama strongly opposed legislation to protect abortion survivors. This is horrible, so of course he will try to make it ‘complicated,’ but it is not."
Obama has recently been ratcheting up the obfuscations, which I’ll get to momentarily.
Before that, a reader last week recommended I give pro-lifers uncomplicated talking points on Obama and Born Alive. Here they are:
* The federal Born Alive Infants Protection Act passed unanimously in the U.S. Senate and overwhelmingly in the U.S. House. Sens. Kennedy and Boxer even spoke in support on the Senate floor. NARAL expressed neutrality.
* Obama actively opposed nearly identical legislation in Illinois, the sole state senator to speak against Illinois’ Born Alive two years in a row.
* In 2003, Obama single-handedly stopped identical legislation to the federal Born Alive Act from being introduced in the Illinois Senate as chairman of the committee vetting the bill.
* That legislation finally passed in 2005 – the year after Obama left the Illinois Senate – refuting his claim it was unnecessary.
Overarching talking point:
* Barack Obama is so radically pro-abortion he supports infanticide, as evidenced by his active opposition to the Illinois Born Alive Infants Protection Act. This makes him further left than any U.S. senator and even NARAL.
For the remainder of the editorial, see Stanek’s column at WorldNetDaily.
Sign Up for Free Pro-Life News From LifeNews.com
Daily Pro-Life News Report Twice-Weekly Pro-Life
News Report Receive a free daily email report from LifeNews.com with the latest pro-life news stories on abortion, euthanasia and stem cell research. Sign up here. Receive a free twice-weekly email report with the latest pro-life news headlines on abortion, euthanasia and stem cell research. Sign up here.